When it comes to remodelling or renovating one’s house, most folks take a while before they actually consider getting a new roof. In many ways, this is quite peculiar as getting a new roof can actually add value to your home and for good reason! It’s responsible for providing shelter to your home and also accounts for much of the aesthetic appeal of your house.
Be sure to check out our roofing services in Southport after reading this article.
Now for the real question, does getting new roofing actually bump up the resale value of your lovely abode?
Well, for short, the answer is yes. While bathroom remodelling and replacement windows seem to be the most popular projects, getting a new roof can definitely boost home resale value. According to a report, homeowners can expect to recover about 62.9% of installation costs when they finally resell their home.
How does a new roof improve home resale value?
Wondering how this remodelling project can increase the resale value of your home? Here are a few reasons you should consider:
- Boosts property value: A new roof is likely to make your property look more enticing. If you play it smart, you may actually be able to up the price of your home, this ultimately results in a better ROI. Another great way to boost your property value is converting your loft.
- Increases aesthetic appeal: A battered old roof is unlikely to turn heads. On the other hand, opting for architectural-grade asphalt for enhanced colour and texture just might. Look up on what materials are trending and upgrade your house according to those findings. This should definitely boost the aesthetic value of your place. Remember, the roof is the most noticeable part of your home. It’s worth getting replaced if you want to impress buyers.
- Energy efficiency: Chances are that your old roof isn’t designed to conserve energy. It’s 2019 and everybody is going green. Spending on a greener model is not only cost effective but it can also drastically lower electricity bills.
- Safety: Depending on the area you live, your roof may have witnessed years of harsh weather conditions including rain and snow. This can take a toll on the overall structure, causing the model to weaken. This can cause a part of your home to become unstable or cause the top to collapse in some instances.
- Health factors: Did you know that old roofs can serve as a breeding ground for mould and mildew. Making this investment will reduce the risks of health hazards. This is definitely something that buyers will take notice of when they are inspecting the property.
It’s also worth noting that if the installation is done using high-quality materials, the roof will last for several years to come. Replacement and having a new one built is a much better option than having the old roof repaired. Plus, making a new investment will reset the clock on your purchase, this means that your buyers won’t have to worry about costly repairs down the line. You can market this when you are putting the house up for resale. This is something worth advertising when you’re listing the house down.
Tips on Increasing the Resale Value of Your Home
There are multiple ways to increase ROI on your new home improvement project, here are a few tips that should help you out:
Market your house… the right way
Talk to your listing agent and discuss ways to market your house the right way. Depending on your neighbourhood, you must realise that you’re competing with other homes which means you ought to find ways to make your home stand out.
And frankly speaking, any buyer will appreciate not having to spend money on repairs and replacements.
Opt for Contemporary Materials
We only use the best when it comes to serving our customers. Some of our finest options include slate roofing that can instantly give your home a modern look. This is a great option for anyone who wants to get the most out of their investment while seeking sustainability.
This is also a popular choice owing to the aesthetic look it brings to one’s home. Slate is an incredibly long-lasting material which gives a very contemporary vibe, plus the material is 100% recyclable. Feel free to reach out to us for a quote and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.
Don’t go for shortcuts
Many folks think it’s a good idea to simply layer shingles on top of the old concrete or material. While this is a faster and perhaps much more convenient way to replace your roof, it can create quite a few problems in the long run. For instance, layering shingles can trap heat, adding too much extra weight on the roof.
Additionally, buyers may not be too pleased when they find out that the roof has double layers. On the other hand, opting for a brand new will increase the resale value of your home but it will also help you market your home in a much more favourable light.
Pay attention to inspection and maintenance
Perhaps there are still a couple of years until you resell your house again in. In this case, we still advise you to thoroughly conduct an inspection and invest in maintenance from time to time. Seemingly unimportant problems such as mould and mildew can do serious damage to your house. It’ll be much easier to fix a couple of broken shingles than you replace everything because of the stormy weather. We do suggest you hire a professional to thoroughly inspect the house instead of simply conducting rounds on your own.
So yes, a new roof does add value to your home, whether you plan on reselling the place in the near future or not. And in case you are, feel free to reach out to us at Delamere Roofing. Our team of professionals will swiftly get the job done without you having to move a muscle.
Fill out our contact form or directly reach out to us – we will get back to you as soon as we can!